Famipix takes your privacy very seriously and treats all your personal data with great care. This document sets out our policy regarding privacy and security. It is recommended that you read this policy carefully. The capitalized words are defined in the Terms of Service
Famipix is a service operated from the Netherlands by Skylark Media Group (SKMG). SKMG is a Dutch company with limited liability established and existing under the laws of The Netherlands, having its registered office in (3523 RB) Utrecht, at Saffierlaan 55a, and active on the website www.famipix.com (hereinafter “Website”).
Famipix has developed a platform, called Famipix, which is an online service that allows users to share photos via the Internet (hereinafter “Platform”). Famipix offers a free subscription which provides low resolution photo hosting but also a premium subscription (hereinafter: “Subscription”) which offers high resolution photo- and video hosting. The Service of Famipix consists of making the Platform accessible through the Website (hereinafter “Service”). You obtain access to the Service through your personal Account (hereinafter “Account”).
In order to make use of the Service, it is necessary to create a personal Account. For this you are required to enter certain information about yourself. Your first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, language and country of residence are obligatory. Your Account information is not visible to third parties.
3. USE OF THE SERVICE
By using the Service, users provide information such as personal videos en photos to share with their contacts. This information is private between the user and the contact(s). Famipix will store and process this information only on behalf of the user and will never process it for its own purposes.
When using Famipix, cookies are saved on your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information (in the form of text) that a server sends to your browser (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox) with the intention that the browser sends this information back to the server the next time a user makes use of the Service. Cookies cannot damage your computer or the files saved on it.
When you use the Service, first party cookies are saved on your computer. First party cookies are made by or for Famipix and are stored on your computer by Famipix and only Famipix has access to these cookies. Such cookies are used by Famipix, for example, to keep track of on which server the user is working.
Furthermore, Famipix uses third party cookies such as Cloudsponge which, for example, remembers your login information.
In order to collect data on the usage of Famipix’s website (the marketing website, not the Platform used for access to the Service), Famipix uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics stores a permanent cookie on your computer which is subsequently used to register your use of the website. This data is then analysed by Google and the results are given to Famipix. This enables Famipix to get more insight in the way in which the website is used and, based on this information, to make adjustments to the website or the provided services.
Famipix also uses IP-addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
You can configure your browser so that you do not receive any cookies the next time you use the Service. However, it is then possible that you will no longer be able to make full use of Famipix.
For instance, by setting a cookie on the Website, the user would not have to log in with a password more than once, thereby saving time whilst using the Website. If a user rejects the cookie they will not be able to login. If you choose to stay logged in on Famipix a cookie will indefinitely be stored on the user’s hard drive.
5. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Famipix may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to allow you to use the Service;
to process payments by Subscribers;
- to communicate with you about the Service and/or other services of Famipix;
- to configure Famipix to your wishes and needs;
- for protection purposes and to generate anonymous data;
2. Famipix will share aggregated demographic information with its partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify an individual person. These parties are not allowed to use personal identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
3. Famipix partners with another party to provide the photo printing service. When the user uses this service the user will provide its name, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide the service.
4. Famipix uses third-party analytics services to help understand the usage of the Service. In particular, we provide a limited amount of the personal data (such as your email address and sign-up date) to Intercom, Inc. (“Intercom”) and utilize Intercom to collect data for analytics purposes when you visit the Website or use the Service. Intercom analyzes your use of our Website and/or Service and tracks our relationship so that Famipix can improve its service to you. We may also use Intercom as a medium for communications, either through email, or through messages within the Service.
As part of our service agreements, Intercom also collects publicly available contact and social information related to the you, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses, to enhance your user experience. For this part of the service, Intercom makes use of the services of Full Contact, Inc. (“Full Contact”). For more information on the privacy practices of Full Contact, please visit http://fullcontact.com/privacy.
Intercom and Full Contact are companies based in the United States. They both comply with the U.S.–E.U. Safe Harbor Framework regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from EU countries. Both Intercom and Full Contact have certified that they adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
- to the third party service providers (processors) that Famipix engages to provide the service;
- if it is obliged to do so on account of national or international laws, case law and/or regulations;
- if Famipix considers it necessary to do so in defense of its own rights;
- or, if you have given permission to do so.
1. If a user invites a contact to access their photos using Famipix, Famipix may automatically send this contact several reminders inviting them to visit Famipix.
2. Famipix sends all new members a welcome e-mail containing a hyperlink to verify the e-mail address. The member may then chose his password.
3. Established members will occasionally receive information by e-mail on Famipix’ products, services, special deals and a newsletter. An opt-out is provided in the ‘settings’ page of the account, as well as with every communication. Famipix also sends the user Website and Service announcement updates. Members are not able to unsubscribe from Service announcements because it contains important information about the Service.
4. All communications between users and Famipix in order to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account will be via e-mail.
1. From time to time Famipix shall request information from its users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose the requested information. This information could include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age). In case of contests winners and their award prizes will be notified by using their contact information. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improvements for the use and satisfaction of the Website.
2. Your personal identifiable information may be transferred in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of business of Famipix and/ or its subsidiaries.
8. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Famipix takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your (personal) data against loss or any form of unlawful use. When users submit sensitive information via the Website, this information is protected online and offline.
9. VIEWING, CHANGING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If a user’s personal identifiable information changes or if you no longer desire Famipix’s services you can update your information or unsubscribe entirely from the “Settings-page”.
If you wish to know what personal data Famipix has collected about you or if you wish to change data that you cannot change yourself in your Account, then you can send your request to email@example.com
. Famipix will provide you with the personal data within 4 weeks.
Famipix will retain your personal data for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide the Service to you, to resolve disputes, enforce agreements or comply with any legal obligations. If you wish to delete your Account or request that Famipix no longer uses your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is possible for this policy to be amended in the future. Any changes to the policy will be mentioned on the Website, so it is recommended to regularly have a look at the Website. In this manner, users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and, under circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
If at any point Famipix decides to use personal identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, Famipix will notify its users by way of an e-mail. Users will have a choice as to whether or not Famipix may use their information in this different manner.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com